First Scan Failed

• 22 December 2013
  • 2 replies

I am using a Webroot secure Anywhere version 8.9.5.66: 130 in my MAC AIR PRO 10.8.2 OSX, 8 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3 which cannot perform a manual scan with  error message "1st scan failed".  Time elapsed 1 sec.  Kindly help me perform my 1st scan.   Thank you.:D

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi buencs

Welcome to the Community Forums...glad to have you with us. :D

I am afraid that Mac and all things Apple are really not my forte, and I have never come across a similar message when running the PC version of WSA.  However, there is something that you can try that is easy & quick to do, that might help; download a fresh version of the installer, uninstall the version you have already installed, reboot, and perform a new install (making sure that you say 'No' to any prompts/offers to use previous configurations/parameters...if they appear).

Hopefully, given where I think that you are this may rectify of possible faulty install.

However, if that does not help then, unless a more knowledgeable memeber chims in, I would Open a Support Ticket providing the Support Team with the details you have, and they should be able to help...as this is certainly not normal.

HTH?  Do post back and let us know how things go or if yo uhave any further questions re. the issue.

Have a great rest of weekend. :D

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi buencs

Have just noticed that we have a duplicate thread for your issue. As the other one have more information and relevant help I suggest that we desist with this one and you continue with the other, now that @ is on the case. ;-)

Regards

Baldrick