Solved

How do I download Password Manager toolbar again?

• 17 November 2012
  • 15 replies

From what I understand, the password manager toolbar only comes with the Webroot Internet Security Plus or Complete right?
But my product is just called "Webroot Secure Anywhere." So how did the toolbar installed automatically to my Google Chrome browser before? Unless I do have one of these versions that I'm not seeing and if I do, how do I get it back? I already tried reinstalling my product, but it didn't do anything.
icon

Best answer by gamebit 2 August 2013, 17:45

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Please see this https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/My-laptop-won-t-start-Webroot-CD-how-do-I-reinstall-it-again/m-p/15794#M612 as JimM said: "According to the permissions on your keycode, it looks to me like you've actually got Webroot Internet Security" but if that is incorrect and you do have the AV only version you should not have the password manager and since it's the weekend and https:///t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1016will be online Sunday but if you don't want to wait I would suggest that you Submit a Support Ticket and they will help to get it sorted.

TH

EDIT: JimM has made a comment here also: https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/I-can-t-login-into-the-Webroot-Password-Manger-extension/m-p/15868#M1470

Also if you can please try to keep everything in 1 thread as it's easier to keep track of. Thanks ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
To make sure that you have the version with Password Management you would see this in the GUI.

TH

The picture you showed is correct and I do have that version. So does that mean I'm able to download the toolbar? If so, how do I download it for Chrome again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your going to have to do a clean reinstall so please uninstall reboot and download a fresh copy from Here and install and make sure you have a copy of you keycode and if they have not installed reboot a do a scan again and please report back. Also note that the Toolbar is now supported for IE, Firefox and now Chrome.

Thanks,

TH

EDIT: This user got the toolbar back maybe try what he did it's just one extra reboot from my instructions above. https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Chrome-Toolbar/m-p/15910#M1475
Hi any other suggestions? I have tried this method 3 times. It still doesnt work for me. uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot, still the same on my chrome. But in IE it shows as reinstalled....

Anyway i am using windows8 could this be the difference?
Userlevel 7
Hello gamebit and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Most of the time I have re-installed WSA I have not had any problems, however in one case I did.  I resolved it by logging into the Account Console (Link Below in my signature) and then following the steps to Deactivate and then to Reactivate the PC.

After Deactivating, open WSA and try to run a scan.  This should trigger the deactivation and WSA will rather instantly remove itself from your computer, and usually all plugins as well.  Once you Reactivate in the Console, install one more time on the computer in question and it may now allow you to correctly re-activate the Password Management.
Hi David,

Thanks so much, although the method you provided did not work. I went aheard to tried something else and it finally did it.

All i did was uninstall chrome, did a restart, and reinstall. I got the new extension once it was intialised.

Thanks
Hi

I definitely have Internet Security Plus, didnt realise it had the password manager but noted extension was disabled in Chrome - I do not see the tab shown above in screenshots but note that was 2012, can you tell me if I should see this and if I should log a support call ?

--- May have found something, under my account - I am the only user but access to passwords wasnt enabled ?? I've set it and will see if it works (says takes 15 Mins)
Userlevel 7
Hi damianiw

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Glad to see that you may well have solved your issue.  If not then please post back with further details and we will try to help you out. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello again joeypc!

If you do not mind, could you provide some additional information such as which OS you are using and what browser you need Password Manager help with?

Thanks!

David
Userlevel 7
EDIT:  Ah, David...see you got here first...so, joeypc, I will leave you in David's very capable hands. ;)

Hi joeypc
Welcome to the Community Forums...http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/public/style_emoticons/default/dancing.gif

The PM Toolbar is installed as part of the main WSA installation so one option is to uninstall WSA, reboot and then reinstall WSA.  Alternatively if you are having problems with just the toolbar please follow the steps below to reinstall the toolbar.

1.  Download and save the installer to your desktop using this link:

http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe

2.  Double click the toolbarfix.exe file to launch the installer

3.  Follow the prompts until the window displays “Process reports success.  Please restart your browser if it is open. Done!”

4.  Press the Finish button.

At this point the toolbar should be installed to supported Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.  If necessary please restart your browser to see the toolbar.  It will be a small grey W until you log in.  After login (using your Webroot Web Console credentials) the button turns green.

HTH?  If not then please post back.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi joeypc

Any news on whether what has been suggested has been of assistance?  Either way please post back to advise.

Regards, Baldrick
I do not have an icon or a toolbar for Webroot Anywhere Complete on my computer?  Why not?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome Sharonae...Great to have you here..Please following these steps:

The PM Toolbar is installed as part of the main WSA installation so one option is to uninstall WSA, reboot and then reinstall WSA. Alternatively if you are having problems with just the toolbar please follow the steps below to reinstall the toolbar.

1. Download and save the installer to your desktop using this link:

http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe

2. Double click the toolbarfix.exe file to launch the installer

3. Follow the prompts until the window displays “Process reports success. Please restart your browser if it is open. Done!”

4. Press the Finish button.

At this point the toolbar should be installed to supported Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. If necessary please restart your browser to see the toolbar. It will be a small grey W until you log in. After login (using your Webroot Web Console credentials) the button turns green.
Userlevel 7
Hello Sharonrae, welcome to the Webroot Community!

EDIT: It looks like I type far too slow as Sherry has gotten here far before me!  To add to what she said.....:

The icon for WSA and the Toolbar are separate items, so we will deal with them individually.

WSA-Icon:

Are you sure that WSA is currently intalled on the computer?  When you say you have no icon, do you mean simply that there is no Desktop icon, but you DO have the icon in the System Tray (Down by the clock) and it is listed in the Start Menu?  If you have WSA installed, and can open it, but simply do not have the Desktop icon, that is easily changed in the settings.

Open WSA from the Start Menu or by the Tray Icon
Click Advanced Settings at the upper right corner of the UI
On the left side, click Install Settings (This is probably already open by default)
On the right side, locate "Show a shortcut on the desktop" and place a check into the box
Click Save at the bottom.

If you cannot locate WSA ANYWHERE, not in the Start Menu, not in the Control Panel, Programs, not in the System Tray, it might be possible that WSA has been removed.  You can reinstall using the correct download link below.

Toolbar:

The toolbar is for the Password Manager portion of WSA, and will only be found in your internet browser, and only if you have WSA-Internet Security, WSA-Complete or the Best Buy Subscription Software version.  As you posted here in the WSA-Internet Security forum I assume that your license indeed does provide use of the Password Manager.

The Toolbar should be visible in IE, Chrome and Firefox.  Open the browser you are using and go to the Extension or Add-On settings.  Check to see if the extension is actually installed but merely disabled.  Enable the exension if it is there.

If the extension is NOT there, you can run the toolbarfix.exe utility.  This will automatically check for all three browsers and install the toolbar components into all three.

I hope this helps!