How do I unblock something that I inadvertently blocked earlier?

• 14 July 2016
  • 5 replies

I'm new to this; just joined today.  Sorry if this is repetitious, which it probably is.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello SIRCPA512. 

Welcome to the Webroot Community. 

What was it that you blocked? A process? An application itself? A website?

Please get back with more info, but this might help some: Webroot Secure Anywhere Context Help   

Userlevel 7
Hi SIRCPA512

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Dermot has advised...we also need to know which operating system & version you are using. This is important should the block be related to an app communicating with the Internet.

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you - it was an app for Rhapsody music which has been taken over by Napster, so Webroot didn't recognize the new app and asked me if I wanted to block it.  Since I didn't recognize it either, I agreed to block it.
I am using Windows 7
Userlevel 7
Hi SIRCPA512

Thanks for precising.

OK, well one place to look in WSA is at the outbound firewall permissions.

To protect your computer from hackers and other threats, the firewall monitors processes that attempt to access the Internet. It also monitors the ports used for communicating with the Internet. Advanced users have control over whether WSA will allow or block certain processes and port communications.

To change settings for active connections:

1. Open the main WSA panel  
  2. Click the gear icon next to PC Security. [img]https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/webroot-en/attachment/25715i80FB2079BD0E7FBD.png[/img]  
  3. Click View Active Connections. The window displays processes with currently active connections to the Internet and the status of your system ports. [img]https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/webroot-en/attachment/25716i7D3B693335181035.png[/img]  
  4. Then  have a look here at the User Guide and here
If you still need help then please Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can investigate and look to resolve the situation for you.  Please note that this is a free of charge service for all users of WSA who have a valid/current subscription (active keycode).

Regards, Baldrick