I can't seem to completely uninstall Webroot. It keeps have a window pop up to reinstall.

• 18 June 2016
  • 2 replies

I need to unitstall Webroot for a short time.  I have Windows 10.  After uninstalling, I keep getting a popup wanting me to enter my KeyCode and reinstall.  It is very annoying.  How do I stop that?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello smithpa3

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Have you uninstalled Webroot from the Control Panel/Add Remiove/Webroot/uninstall? Did you reboot after uninstalling?

Please look here and make sure you Run as Adminstrator when uninstalling Webroot below:
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Uninstallation-Option-Missing-from-Control-Panel/ta-p/34688

Hope this helps?

I had the same problem, I uninstalled Webroot and it was constantly re-installing itself after each boot. I also tried all the instructions to remove the remaining files but with no success.

The problem with that is that there is a service named WRSCV that runs WRA.exe each time it “sees” the program is not running in Start Up.

Uninstall Webroot normally (from control panel or else), then run CMD as an administrator and hit:

sc delete WRSCV

this will delete the service. Restart your machine and you are ok.