I have a samsung spin 7 and the color engine needs updated and webroot keeps blocking-uninstalling i

• 17 August 2016
  • 7 replies

I have a samsung spin 7 and the color engine needs updated and webroot keeps blocking-uninstalling it

7 replies

Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

If Webroot is blocking this it may be a false-positive, but it also may be malicious, especially if the update comes from anywhere other than Samsung. I'd be extra-careful about installing it and certainly don't recommend uninstalling Webroot either. This would leave you vulnerable. Please, if you still have issues, submit a support ticket. That way if it is a FP they can whitelist it and if not they can help you figure this problem out.

Hope this info helps,

bd

Just to let you know,  you are not alone.  I have a samsung spin 7 and started having the same problem starting 9/10/16.  I was very disappointed GEEK squad will not do any 'walking through' on the phone.  I also will not allow them to remote in.  I'm also disappointed I can't find a chat site to contact Samsung.
Hi racz99,

Could you please try uninstalling Webroot and then try updating the color engine, then reinstall Webroot.

If you are experiencing problems uninstalling SecureAnywhere, you may need to change your Device Administrator settings.  To do so:

1. Tap the Android Menu button on your device, then tap Settings.  
  2. Tap Security, then tap Select Device Administrators.  
  3. Next to Webroot SecureAnywhere, uncheck the box.  
  4. Tap Deactivate.  If prompted, tap OK.  
  5. Open Google Play, navigate to the SecureAnywhere app and tap Uninstall, as you would with an app not using Device Administrator. SecureAnywhere uninstalls itself.
To reinstall Android please use this link.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

BD
I have the same problem.
Hi bdavisbdavis,

If you could please submit a trouble ticket so Webroot can investigate and whitelist this program if needed.

Thanks,
BD

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
? I think the device is a laptop? samsung spin 7: https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-notebook-7-spin/
Thanks, @. I was thinking it was an s7. 😳