I'm having problems updating to Windows 10 and wondering if I need to uninstall Webroot.

• 1 September 2015
  • 3 replies

I'm having problems updating to Windows 10.  I get to 75% before it reverts to windows 8.1.
Do I need to uninstall Webroot.  If so, is there any problems with reloading it??

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

There is always a CHANCE that Webroot is causing the issue, though it is not likely.  There are no known major issues regarding Webroot during the WIndows 10 install process. 

That being said, removing Webroot prior to the Upgrade and re-installing it after is EASY, and you should not encounter any problems at all.  The ONLY thing you need to remember is to make sure that your computer is connected to the internet during the process of both removing, and re-installing, Webroot.  Here is what should be the exact process to follow:

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Proceed with the entire Windows 10 upgrade process.  You may need to do multiple reboots during this.  Do not proceed with the directions below until the Windows 10 upgrade is fully complete.
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Let us know how it goes!
Thank you for your quick response.  Will give it a go and let you know the results.
Uninstalled Webroot and tried to update to Windows 10 with no success. Doesn't want to go past 75%. Back to the drawing board again or just stick with 8.1. Pain in the rear end.
Have reinstalled Webroot again with no problems.
Thanks for your help
Laurie