Solved

I renewed my WR account. Why do I get a message saying my account is deactivated?

• 6 December 2014
  • 6 replies

When I try to sign into my email-password dialogue box to enable WR to sign into my ISP for me, I get a message at the top of my screen saying my account has been deactivated?  My Webroot account was renewed about a month ago, and now I get this deactivation notice?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 6 December 2014, 18:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello tim97201b, andWelcome to the Community Forum,

Looks to be best to Submit a Support Ticket  , if you see: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Renewed-webroot-yesterday-when-I-try-to-login-to-password/td-p/172731

Let us know of any questions or info. Thanks.

Other members may have advice also?

I bought my renewal through Best Buy, and it is a new key code, and it has the correct number of days remaining.
Userlevel 7
Hi tim97201b

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As you have a Best Buy subscription you should really contact The Geek Squad in the first instance about this...all the contact options are listed here.  If they are unable to assist you then they will most probably advise that yo ucontact Webroot Support.

I would take that approach but do keep us posted on what they say/what you try as we may spot an opportunity to assist more meaningfully.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
If you have a new key code, than you purchased a new copy instead of renewing the existing one.  Please confirm this?
Yes, I bought a new copy.
Userlevel 7
Thank you for the reply, 

The Password Manager, as you know, is tied to your specific User Profile.  What you may not realize is that every User Profile is tied to a specific key code.  This is one reason that renewing is far more convenient than purchasing a new key code: it keeps the Password Manager working seamlessly.

If your old key code has been expired for less than 15 days or so, the data is probably still there and can be recovered.  Even if the data is not recoverable, you can still get your User Profile re-associated to the NEW key code.

Please submit a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support take a look and get that new key code added into the User Profiles you have set up.