Solved

IoBit Driver Booster

• 11 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
WSA Internet Security is flagging the latest update on two sites I have tried as containing a trojan. This must be a false positive.Version 4.0.4.328. I only use Major Geeks or File Horse.
icon

Best answer by DanP 11 October 2016, 18:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello,

Can you please provide more info of what you are experiencing? If websites are being flagged please provide the websites in question so we may investigate.

It's important to note that you should not be using a third party program to do anything with your drivers, with the exception of something like your GPU's program, or if you have a program installed with your keyboard. Razer keyboards would be a great example here. There is also no need to "boost" your drivers, there is no such thing. If you are attempting to update drivers you should only do so through the manufacturer's website or the manufacturer's application. Usually, programs that claim to do this sort of thing for you, should be avoided. As a nod to security, you should also never download programs from anywhere other than their website. Many websites that distribute "freeware" and downloads are havens for malicious content.
@ wrote:
WSA Internet Security is flagging the latest update on two sites I have tried as containing a trojan. This must be a false positive.Version 4.0.4.328. I only use Major Geeks or File Horse.Hi Yarco,
Edit: I see JamesG has already responded. I will leave this here for reference (support link). :)
I personally don't recommend third-party driver apps for this very reason. They often contain PUA's or worse. We always recommend getting drivers via Windows update or directly from the Author's website. However, if you feel this is a false-positive then please submit a trouble ticket so support can determine if the files in question do indeed need white-listing.

Hope this info helps,
BD
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_driver_booster.html I have used DB for ages without any trouble and MajorGeeks give you the chance to download from their PUP free site or the software company site, so I will file a trouble report as Baldrick kindly suggests.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
IMO anything from Iobit should not be used as they steal many things: https://www.google.ca/search?q=Iobit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=pwX9V4PKLMGHmQGY5pboAw#q=iobit+theft and are not trustworthy!

Again IMO!

Daniel 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
?

That file was being detected due to a False Positive which has been corrected.

-Dan

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Thanks Dan, it worked fine.