Solved

Is adobe flash player safe yet?

• 9 November 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
  • New Voice
  • 6 replies
Hello

What is it about Adobe Flash Player.  Is it safe yet.

Some say this and some say that.

brd
icon

Best answer by ROBERT1725 10 November 2016, 05:35

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi brd

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It is indeed a moot point and the question is really what is meant by 'safe'. It is regularly updated and therefore in my book it is relatively safe as long as one keeps right up to date withthe frequent updates...and runs WSA as well. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
And if I may....ONLY do an update directly from Adobe website. This will lesson the possibility of bad guys doing what bad guys do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
All good advice. Also for extra security make sure you also have it set to "Ask to Activate". With these precautions, you should have no issues using Adobe Flash.
And if I may once again.... Windows latest Adobe Security update is KB3202790 so if you are running Win 10 Microsoft is qiute vigilent in keeping Adobe safe and up to date.
Userlevel 2
Robert 1725 Does this take care of all the back and forth between firefox and adobe that's been going on? brd
In my opinion brd, yes it does. I have been using Firefox and in the past, there were some heads up cautions pertaining to Adobe. That however seems to be on the earlier versions of Flash Player. Since Windows and Adobe and Firefox all seem to be on the same page, the kinks have been ironed out. On a side note, its wise to download any new updates/versions of a program directly from the issuer of the program. I realize that there are quite a few sites that will offer a download/install for a program but I'm of the mindset that it should always be installed right from the issuers website. That's the safest way to proceed. As I mentioned, Win 10 just issued a security update for Adobe Flash Player, AND Adobe just ( just ='s... I just installed it on Monday 11-7-2016 ) issued the current version of Flash,

The combination of Firefox... Windows... and Webroot make for a good team. Just keep all programs up to date.
Userlevel 2
Thanks the installation went well..