Solved

Is there anybody out there that can give me a step by step uninstall procedure for this webroot

• 7 April 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Purchased a new computer a few weeks ago from Best Buy and was talked into getting a year service contract with the Geek boys and along with it bought the Webroot software in a package. Now I can't uninstall this webroot. No matter what I try or where on the internet I go for help, no help at all. Want to go to a different internet security, but need to uninstall Webroot first. Thanks in advance for any help here. Do need a step by step instruction for Windows 8.1 machine. tks again, Ken
icon

Best answer by trkrdude4501 7 April 2015, 17:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

Sorry to hear you want to uninstall Webroot..Please follow instructions below.

1. [list]
  2. Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu. Click Search, then type "appwiz.cpl" (without quotes), and press Enter on your keyboard.

• This will open your Control Panel to the list of all programs currently installed on your computer.

• Scroll down the programs list until you see the Webroot security product.

• Click the Webroot security product entry once to select it, then click Uninstall/Remove.

• When asked if you are sure you want to uninstall, click Yes to continue.

• If prompted with a CAPTCHA, enter the requested characters and click Enter.

Webroot removes itself from your computer.[/list] 
    If the above doesn't work then follow below,

For Windows 8:
    1. Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu.  
    2. Click Search, then type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below. Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
    3. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.  
    4. When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.
     If you would like information all about Webroot then look at the PC User Guide 

Hope this helps and if not please get back to us.

Kind Regards,
  • Userlevel 2
    Morning Sherry, sorry to say this but have done that many times and nothing. This software doesn't even show up in my programs screen. It just pops up whenever it want to. Don't know what the heck is going here, but I'm stumped!!!  I'll try these ideas again, but I don't think it'll work, tks for the quick response, Ken
    Userlevel 7
    Badge +62
    Hello Ken, @

Sorry you are having troubles with this uninstalling.

Please submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription...OR

Sometimes a reinstall/uninstall could help. You might want to try that first.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
    • KEEP the computer online for the install to make sure it works correctly
    • (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
    • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
    • Let it finish it's install scan
    • Reboot
    Then uninstall...

Please let us know if this worked or not if you decide to try this before contacting support.

Edited: If it's only been a couple of weeks then BestBuy Support 1-800-GeekSquad can help you uninstall with there support line because you have a 30 day warranty nd refund.

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 2
    Thanks for the response, Sherry, I went to the Geek Squad and they took command of my computer and completely cleaned up the webroot problem. He took almost an hour and the remote connection and took care of the problem. My problem is sloved finally and thanks for you time, Ken
    Userlevel 7
    Badge +62
    Hi Ken,

That's great to hear! And you are certainly welcome.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,