Key code mish mash

• 7 December 2013
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Hello, 

I have various tabs, PCs and androïd machines and need to reaffect and renew some keycodes ... but it's getting a big mish mash (by my fault) ... 

Now the questions :)

1) In the main online panel, when a keycode is indicated as say "5" under the machines column, does that mean that :

- I can install the licence code on 5 machines sumltaneously ?
- will it also mean that I can manage each machine (from the web or from the machine) independently (i.e. with a different level of security ... under the same keycode) ?

2) I suppose that the key beginning with "SA" is for Security Anywhere, the one beginning by "A ..." is for Androïd (I've been in school, y'know, ha, ha ...

3) ... but not long enough it seems 😃  ...  what about the other identification :  "Complete" , Internet Security Plus" etc. ... (i.e the exact denomination attached to each license) ?

Would it be possible to have, in the key code management, the affected machine appearing as it appears on the other panel (the one where we affect machines)

Ok, it might not sound clear, so, globally : how identify which license is for which product.

Thanks  

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello Tabazan!

I know you know this, but log into your Account Console.  At the upper right corner, click on your email address and choose "Manage Keycodes".  All keycodes you have registered to that Console will be listed, and it should tell you the following information about each key code:

• which product that key code is for.  You are correct that the "SA" stands for Secure Anywhere.  I am just a volunteer so I do not have the details about how many different such notations are used within the key codes, but I have a feeling that it is quite a long list.  As far as I can tell, there is no way for a consumer to tell just from the key code which exact product that key code is for.  (I have seen a LOT of different key codes, and I still can't tell the difference.)

• how many devices you can use that key code on at the same time (5 for "Complete") (You can always uninstall the key code from one machine in order to use it on another)  You can manage each machine on a single key code differently by using the settings for that machine in PC Security tab.

• how much Backup & Synch storage is allowed with that key code, for those key codes that allow Backup & Synch

• how many Password Accounts have been used/allowed for that key code, again for those codes that provide access to that feature.

• how many days remaining on the current license period

• the link to upgrade or renew the key code

Does all of this help answer your questions at all?  If not, feel free to reply and ask again!