Laptop hung up

• 15 June 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
My laptop has hung while removing threats. Webroot won't allow me to exit - "Current Operation cannot be aborted". Any suggestions?
It is trying to remove a threat called toolbarguard.dll.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Doggone

Welcome to the Community Forum

This has been known to occur occassionally but you can force a stop with Ctrl Alt Delete. Alternatively you can just restart your computer and then run WSA again in Safe Mode WITH NETWORKING to remove this threat.

Please follow these instructions below to run a deep scan once in Safe Mode: 

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. For instructions on starting in Safe Mode with Networking please see HERE.
2. Open WSA from the system/notification tray, Start Menu or Desktop icon, which ever is most convenient for you.
3. Click on the gear/cog icon to the right of the 'PC Security' tab and follow the instruction HERE for carrying out a custom scan.  
4. Open the 'Scan & Shields' tab.
5. Click the 'Custom Scan' button.
6. The default scan option is 'Deep'. Click 'Scan'.
7. Allow this scan to complete and remove any threats found.
8. Once the scan is complete, please REBOOT your system normally.

This should undertake and complete the removal that you were trying to do. But lease let us know if your issue persist as you may need to Submit a Support Ticket for additional help from the Support Team.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks after restart scan completed and all seems normal
Userlevel 7
Hi Doggone

You are most welcome...that is great news to hear that you are sorted.

Occassionally there is a need for a reinstall...I reinstall quite often, jsy to refresh WSA on my systems...as you have seen it is quick and easy to do.

Have a great rest of weekend, and you know where we are if you need us or fell like joining in here on non technical issues.

Regards, Baldrick