Solved

LibreOffice Portable

• 9 February 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I run LibreOffice Portable from a USB stick. Whenever I install a new version Webroot SecureAnywhere insists on stripping out :
portableappslibreofficeportableapplibreofficeurein
egcomp.exe
portableappslibreofficeportableapplibreofficeprogramgengal.exe
portableappslibreofficeportableapplibreofficeprogramsoffice.exe
portableappslibreofficeportableapplibreofficeurein
egmerge.exe
I'm not sure if it's just because it considers them PUPs or because it actually considers them trojan or virus.
I'm pretty sure this is false positive stuff - does anyone have any views on the matter?
Best
David
 Edit - Sorry I should have said this is under Windows 8.1 and installing LibreOffice 4.03 - but similar problems with previous versions
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 9 February 2014, 18:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi David

The best thing to do is to Open a Support Ticket and provide this detail to the Support Team, especially if you are fairly certain that they are indeed safe.  They can investigate these files and if they find them to safe they can whitelist them for you.

If you want to give them all the relevant details you should run save a Scan Log, and from that extract the details of these files saved in it...I suspect that they will be easily discernable by the line that referes to each being prefixed by [u]...and include them in your support ticket details.

Let us know if you need help accessing the Scan Log, etc.

The other thing that you can try, if you are sure that the files are safe/clean, is to record/add these files under the 'Block/Allow' tab (click the cog/gear to the right of the PC Security tab, and then select the 'Block/Allow' tab from those displayed on the new panel)...it should be obvious how to add them...but if you have difficulty with them then please let us know.

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Many thsnks Baldrick - will do as you suggest
Userlevel 7
Hi David

My pleasure...that is what the Community Forums are here for. :D

Hope to see you around here and not just for issues...there is a lot to learn here and fun to be had.

Have a great end of weekend.

Regards

Baldrick