Solved

License Question

Hi,

I bought 5 licenses/1 year each for WSA Internet Security Plus 2014, and I want to know if with these same licenses, I'll be able to make update/upgrade to later versions? e.g. WSA 2015.2016, 2017, 2018,2019,2020...?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 7 January 2014, 02:41

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello rafaelcapucci and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Yes you can and if they are all the same one of the Webroot Staff or the Support Inbox they can add them all together and give you one 5 year license!

HTH,

TH  ;)
Userlevel 7
Hello rafaelcapucci and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Webroot AUTOMATICALLY updates you to the next version when it is released (As long as you did not turn off automatic updates).  Yes.. for as long as you have a valid key code, you will be updated ever time a new version is released.  Automatically.

:)
Wow thank you... I have recently been disappointed with Kaspersky, because my keys to the 2010 version, can not be install in the version 2014. I hope I do not have the same problem in the future with WSA..

Ps, sorry my english 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You will not have any issues with Webroot keycodes as long as they are legit keycodes! May I ask where you got them from? And your English is great!

Cheers,

TH
Userlevel 7
I do not think that will happen.  I am not a Webroot employee, just a volunteer here, but I do know that a couple of years or so ago Webroot changed the key code format when a major product upgrade took place.  All of the active old format key codes were upgraded by Webroot to the new format, at no charge.

I have heard of a very small number of situations in which a key code did not get upgraded.  Webroot fixed it or issued a replacement.

As long as your license is active and paid for (Not expired), your key code will never be obsolete or unsupported.
May I ask where you got them from?

Newegg.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
May I ask where you got them from?

Newegg.com
Sounds Good! ;)

Cheers,

TH
Userlevel 3
Hello TH! I know this is a fairly old post, but the title actually is what my little question is as well. I've searched the forums, and for some reason can't get this in my head. Perhaps someone can help?
I have WSA ISP, which provides protection for 3 devices. That much I understand, but there seems to be conflicting information regarding what constitutes a device. In my case, I have a PC, a Mac, and an Android phone all registered and running on my license. So my license is full then, correct? In order for me to add another PC I would have to upgrade to WSA Complete, correct? The reason I'm asking, is I saw a response on this forum, somewhere, which suggested the Android or iOS device was included in the package without counting against the three device limitation. Of course, I can't find that again, and it may be that I imagined it somehow :@. 

Thanks!
Bob
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Bob,

Yes for WSA-ISP & WSA-Complete you have mobile protection if you want but the AV only you are not able to use on Mobiles and why would a person want to as it's cheaper on Google Play for the Premier version. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.security.full also you have WSA-ISP so you can share Passwords amongst your 3 Devices and if you have WSA-Complete then added is Back Up & Sync amongst 5 devices. Also you can get the Free SecureWeb Browser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.secureweb

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hey TH a lot of good information from one good question...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
The reason I'm asking, is I saw a response on this forum, somewhere, which suggested the Android or iOS device was included in the package without counting against the three device limitation. Of course, I can't find that again, and it may be that I imagined it somehow :@.  
Thanks!
Bob
 iOS does not allow AV's to run on them but you can add the Secureweb Browser to use your Password Manager and I'm not sure if iOS devices take a seat but Android does as it has a full AV but on my Android Tablet Tab 2 I use the Free version as I don't want to use a seat on my Complete and I have nothing important on it and use the Free SecureWeb browser also! Also if you upgrade to Complete make sure you have your passwords saved because when you switch keycodes users loose access to passwords and Back Up & Sync if Complete it's always best to renew then you don't loose anything. If you want to upgrade just post a new thread in the Complete forum and the Webroot Staff will make sure you don't loose anything!

HTH,

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Excellent info Daniel...thanks much...exactly what I was looking for!

Bob