License key changes

• 18 July 2015
  • 4 replies

I have Internet security plus installed on 2 pcs with 2 different keys.  One is branded by geek squad one is a trial and both are expiring.  I purchased a boxed version of the product for 3 pcs but i can't figure out howwhere to enter the new key.  I am hoping i don't have to uninstall/reinstall.  

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22
If any official response is given then ignore my post.  Plus, I only have SecureAnywhere Antivirus, not Internet Security Plus so you might have to interpret and "look around."

First, I found this thread from 2013.  The menus have probably changed.
https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Change-from-Internet-Security-Plus-Trial-to-Internet-Security/td-p/63733

Open the Internet Security Plus console.  For SecureAnywhere that means right click on the icon in the Taskbar and select View Status.  .  Once opened look for an option to display information about your account.  Again, on my system that means opening the settings for "My Account".  Within that my keycode is listed as well as a box to enter a new keycode.

I did  not see a way to change the keycode from "My Account" (look at the top of this page) but my accounts have over 500 days to expiration.  Log into your Webroot Account (you may need to create one) using the "My Account" link at the top of this page.  Once logged click on the drop down arrow by your user name (top right of screen) and click on Manage Keycodes.  I would try looking on your computer first but this should help.

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Hi ajcstr

Welcome to the Community Forums.

From what you are saying it sounds like you have the Best Buy/Geek Squad version of WSA on one PC and the Webroot version (i.e., the NON Best Buy/Geek Squad version) on the other.

If you "boxed version of the product for 3 pcs" is for the Webroot version (i.e., the NON Best Buy/Geek Squad version) then for the PC that has the Webroot version on it all you need to do is to enter the new keycode in the field provided for this (click on the gear/cog symbol to the right of 'My Account' in the main panel to display it) and then click'Activate' making sure that you are connected to the Internet when you do.

In the case of the PC running the Best Buy/Geek Squad version (always assuming that you boxed version is the Webroot version) I am afraid that you will need to uninstall that version and then install the Webroot version, as they are 'different' products and the key for one will not work for the other and vice versa.  You can download the latest version of the Webroot version from here, rather than using the CD version, which could be out of date.

And as a further tip; do REBOOT your PC after you have unnistalled the one version and before you install the new version, and also REBOOT after installing the new version.

Of course, if I have gotten it wrong and  "boxed version of the product for 3 pcs" is for the Best Buy/Geek Squad version the you just need to 'reverse' the instructions above...hopefully that makes sense.

Regards, Baldrick.
Thank You -will I actually need to uninstall first, or will the install detect the old version and do it all one shot?

And yes, the boxed version I have is NOT from geek squad/best buy
Userlevel 7
To install the version of WSA that you have bought as a boxed, on the PC that has the Best Buy/Geek Squad version currently on it, you will need to uninstall that version first before you install the new Webroot version.

In the case of the PC that has the Webroot version on it you have no need to unstall...just enter you new keycode in the field I detailed in my initial response and then click 'Activate' to...activate, making sure that you are connected to the intenet when you do.

I hope that clarifies things for you?

Regards, Baldrick