Solved

Mac OS X 10.8.4 - WSA Installs but doesn't scan/activate etc.

• 29 June 2013
  • 4 replies

I have a freshly updated Mac to OS X 10.8.4.  When I run the WSA installer it completes but it doesn't scan/activate/update.  I did a manual removal through terminal and tried again, no luck.

I did run Repair Permissions / Verify Disk.  Any tips?
icon

Best answer by JimM 2 July 2013, 18:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I have a freshly updated Mac to OS X 10.8.4.  When I run the WSA installer it completes but it doesn't scan/activate/update.  I did a manual removal through terminal and tried again, no luck.

I did run Repair Permissions / Verify Disk.  Any tips?
Hello Meninx and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Well I can say I don`t know anything about Mac`s but I`m sure someone we be by to help you! Also have a look a this TKB article to see if it can help you? http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Mac-How-to-Install-SecureAnywhere/ta-p/34720#.Uc80im2DmJM

TH
Userlevel 7
Hello Meninx and welcome to the Webroot Community!

I am not much good on troubleshooting MAC installs, but I did want to follow up with you to see if the article TH provided was help.  If you have gone over it and it was no help at all, you can also Submit a Trouble Ticket for more assistance.  

Hopefully someone on here who does have MAC experience will also chime in with additional ideas too!
Userlevel 7
The support system is probably your best bet for an issue of this level of complexity.

However, I have a couple of questions though that might get us started down the right path:
1. Was WSA installed during the update when the update occurred?
2. What did you update from while on your way to 10.8.4?
3. The term "manual removal" can mean different things.  Can you elaborate on exactly what steps you took?
Userlevel 7
@ , I don't see a support case open under the email address you used to register to the community. I just wanted to ensure your issue is resolved. Are you all set, or can we be of further assistance?

Edit: 8/15/13.  We haven't heard back, so we will tentatively mark this topic as solved.  If it's not solved, please reply and let us know.  🙂