Multiple scan report inconsistencies

• 18 April 2015
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I just recently installed Webroot Internet Security Plus. I have a number of drives on my system and decided to leave them scanning while I went out. I came back to find a few threats detected, but couldn't make sense of which scan had detected the threat. As far as I can tell, when a threat is detected and you clean the threat on one scan, the other scan shows the same detected threat in the summary, even though it was scanning a different drive. This behavior seems unusual to me and the report  is not consistent. 

You can see from the screenshot below that no threats were found in the result, but the summary section shows 7 removed threats and 3 active. These threats were removed as part of a seperate scan.

Anyway, just thought I would report it here. Have a good day!

-J

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

Read this article:
Running scans
http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C2_Scanning/CH2a_RunningScan.htm
Managing quarantined items
http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C5_Quarantine/CH5a_ManagingQuarantine.htm

Userlevel 7
Hi Juic3r

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This is an oft referenced question/confusion and as a first step to 'resolving' this for you would you please go here, take a look at the information and go to the same place as described in the article, click on Reset Protection Statistics and then do a scan.  

It should clear as a result of this action, since it is just showing the total of threat/malware, etc. that WSA removed since you installed WSA.

To help clarify the stats further, please take a look at this KB Article...threats Removed are not a worry.

Hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello @ and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

I just don't like seeing the 3 Active Threat's so I would suggest you Submit a Support Ticket so the Threat Researchers can look into it.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉