Need help installing Webroot SecureAnywhere on second desktop (allowed 3 installs with this version

• 11 September 2016
  • 1 reply

I purchased the online version of this software today (ver 9.0.11.70) and it installed find on one computer. Attempting to install on second desktop and it fails each time. I was using the same e-mail address and password as the first computer, but changed the personal security code on second machine.

I'm wondering if I should use a different password (which always appears in yellow with 2 dots when I attempt to register - I would guess that is trying to show the security code in the spot where the password would be.  

I have also waited the required 15 minutes between three fails to attempt again and it still fails... ONE other potential problem. I have 31 days left on the existing Webroot remaining from a Geek Squad install.

Sorry to ramble, but I wanted to get all the possiblities in this one e-mial.

Thanks, Al

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Going from the Best Buy version to the Official Webroot version you will have to do a clean reinstall as the Best Buy version is only used by Geek Squad!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉