Solved

New Install- Invalid Keycode

• 10 November 2013
  • 20 replies

I just purchased Webroot and I am attempting to install it. When I enter the keycode I receive a message stating the keycode is valid but has expired. I have verified that it does not expire until 11/9/2014. What can I do to correct this? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 17 November 2013, 00:57

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello probb68 and welcome to the Webroot Community!

If I may ask:
  • Where did you purchase the software?
  • How did you verify that it is good until 11/09/2104?

I might have a suggestion or two once I know those items

🙂
I purchased it thru Webroot online. I requested my keycode online and when I received the email with the same keycode it gave me that date.
Userlevel 7
Thank you, but lets get just one little bit more specific: did you purchase from Webroot.com  or did you purchase from a different website, and if so which one?
Sorry. Webroot.com
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Sorry. Webroot.com

Ok, did you type in the key code manually or did you use copy and paste?  I have seen a lot of cases of keycode problems solved by entering the keycode copy/paste instead of typing it manually.

You might also just plain try to do a fresh install from a new download.  Remove WSA from the computer, reboot, and then re-download using the PC Download link below in my signature.

Give it a try and let us know if any of that works!

I just completed the uninstall w/reboot and attempted install again. I still received the same message. Help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Please Submit a Support Ticket and they can look at your keycvode and help you fix it ASAP!

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Thanks! Will do!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also I forgot to Welcome you to the Webroot Community Forums so Welcome!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Has anybody with this error message been fixed yet?  I have deadlines I need to meet today and am looking to see how long this might take?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Has anybody with this error message been fixed yet?  I have deadlines I need to meet today and am looking to see how long this might take?

As I told another member above Please Submit a Support Ticket and they can look at your keycvode and help you fix it ASAP!

HTH,

Daniel 🙂
Userlevel 7
Please let me know when you've opened a support ticket and I'll take a look.

Also, I performed a refresh for the keycode on the back end and it may have resolved the issue.
I also just ran into this problem with a Best Buy (apparently) version that was purchased online via Amazon.  My last copy just recently lapsed, so I bought a fresh physical copy online and now it tells me that the keycode is invalid, both while trying to just plug the keycode into my online account and while trying to do a fresh install.
Userlevel 7
Hi WierdBeard

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

As you will have seen from this thread there are some issues in this area and so the best advice I can provide is to re-iterate what Daniel (TripleHelix) advised to a prior post that was similar in nature (BTW...it is always good to listen to Daniel ;)) and

"Please Submit a Support Ticket and they can look at your keycode and help you fix it ASAP!"

It may take a little longer over the weekend but they will hopefully sort you out.

Hope to see you around in the Forums.

Regards

Baldrick
Thanks Baldrick.  I've done that as well.  But I figured it wouldn't hurt to put out a shout on the forums.
Userlevel 7
Hi WierdBeard

Please don't get me wrong you have done absolutely the right thing; posting a support ticket but also, in doubt, posting here as we all work together (Community & Support) to get to the bottom of things for users...and sometimes we in the Forums 😉 do uncover alternative solutions.

As we say here...'One for all & All for one'.

Have a great weekend

Baldrick
No snark intended at all m8.  Hope you have a good one as well. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello WierdBeard and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

I wonder why Amazon is selling Best Buy versions?

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
The company was E-Tech_Professional via Amazon, and apparently they have sold me a 180 day Best Buy trial that was used 7 months ago.  I'm filing for a return, but since it's third party....
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
The company was E-Tech_Professional via Amazon, and apparently they have sold me a 180 day Best Buy trial that was used 7 months ago.  I'm filing for a return, but since it's third party....
Yes that's no good make sure you get your money back!

Daniel 😃