Solved

Not sure if this is a security issue or not

• 30 August 2017
  • 2 replies

I have ATT as my Home page and ATT as my Email Account. I have the latest version of Win 10...the latest version of Firefox and the latest version of U block origin. All of a sudden I'm getting ads plastered all over my ATT Home page and whats worse is " Sponsored Ads " in my Email. There are video ads running all the time and even though I close them, another one takes its place.

The " Sponsored Ads " in my Email inbox seem to be the most annoying. It seems as if there is no way to get rid of them/ stop them, unless I pay a Monthly Fee and get whats called a " Yahoo Mail Pro ".

All this annoyance started a few days ago. Ive contacted ATT and one technician told me that they would stop in a few days. Another ATT technician said there is nothing that they can do. I contacted Yahoo and they pushed the " Yahoo Mail Pro " to stop them.

To me, this is a form of Blackmail. I didn't ask for any of this JUNK, it just appeared. I resent  being held hostage by Yahoo or ATT to cease something I didn't ask for and don't want. Is there a better Ad Blocker I could get to stop this insane unsolicited unwanted spam ??

Thanks Community
icon

Best answer by ROBERT1725 31 August 2017, 20:46

View original

2 replies

Well, after contacting both Yahoo and ATT, about them hijacking my Home page and my Email inbox they somehow got the message and stopped the madness. Perhaps it was some of the choice words expressing my opinion , but in any case the ads and videos have stopped.
Userlevel 7
Glad they got the message and put an end to the madness @