Solved

Password Manager

Hello.  When I go to the password Manager tab, I get an error Page can not be accessed, try again later. 
Thanks
icon

Best answer by steveg 7 December 2013, 00:13

View original

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi there WesWilcox,

Welcome to the Webroot Community! I'd like to help resolve this for you ASAP so you can use the feature as intended.

First, I'd like to make sure we're on the same page here. Are you talking about the "Passwords" tab in your "MyWebroot" account? Or are you referring to the "Password Management" section under the "Identity & Privacy" tab within the actual SecureAnywhere program?

Let me know and I'll help you accordingly!

Thanks,
Thanks Yegor, Password Tab in my Webroot account.  I have 4 tabs. "PC Security",Mobile Security" "Passwords" and "Community"..  When I go to the password tab.  I get the error "the page can not be acessed, try again later".

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Hi WesWilcox,

I've sent you a Private Message regarding how to go about this issue. Because the conversation will include personal info like keycodes and email addresses, let's keep it within the Private Messages as I wouldn't want you to post any of that here on the public-facing forum for security reasons.

Thanks,
Hello Yegor

Still waiting for us to get together in the private message area to see if my problem can be resolved

Wes
Userlevel 7
Hi Wes,

I apologize for the delay! I've sent you a private message regarding what to try next! Hopefully we can get this resolved ASAP!

Regards,
I also have the same problem with the password manager with IE and when I log in to mywebroot.com account.  In internet explorer it always says my account has expired, which is true in the trial version but not true on my purchased secure anywhere complete version.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ed
In regards to mywebroot.com account, whenever I try to access the password tab I get a message that says Page can not be accessed, try again later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello viloriaef and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

As it the weekend can you Please Submit a Support Ticket as they will be happy to help you and they are on duty 24/7.

Thanks,

TH
Userlevel 7
Hi Gerald,

I'm very sorry for the slow response. I must have missed your post amidst the chaos. Are you still experiencing the passwords tab issue? If so, please let me know and I'll help you troubleshoot accordingly! Again, I apologize for the delay.

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi Ed,

Are you still experiencing the issue? Did you submit a support ticket? I couldn't find one in our support system under the email address you used to register here on the Community! Please let me know if you're still having trouble-I'd like to help you get this resolved ASAP if you are!

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi Wes,

I know we've been going back and forth with our conversation via the Private Message route, but I just wanted to let you know that I am currently working directly with someone from our Quality Assurance team to see if we can get this resolved for you. I do have a few more questions for you. The answers to them will hopefully help make this a speedier process-I know it's been a long-winded process so far!

1. Have you ever been able to access the Passwords tab from your "My Webroot" account before reporting the issue?
2. Have you tried logging into the Webroot toolbar on your computer? If so, were you successful?
3. Have you changed your "My Webroot" account password?

Please let me know and I'll continue to assist you accordingly!

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Hi Wes,

I have another update for you. Even before answering the aforementioned questions, please try to log in to the Passwords tab again. The issue may (fingers crossed) be resolved for you! Please let me know what happens!

Thank You,

Hello Yegor P.

1. Have you ever been able to access the Passwords tab from your "My Webroot" account before reporting the issue?
       No - when I try to access password tab it says Page can not be displayed at this time, Try again later.

2. Have you tried logging into the Webroot toolbar on your computer? If so, were you successful?
  Yes I have tried but login fails saying "unknown email address"

3. Have you changed your "My Webroot" account password?
  Yes - Have chnaged 3 times with no change to trouble.

Thanks
Wes
Userlevel 7
Hi Wes,

Thanks for answering the questions. That helps give me a better idea of what's going on! Did you see my last post? Did you try to log in again? If so, are you still getting the same error message or does the Passwords tab work now?
I have tried to login again and from the Secureanywhere website when I hit the Passwords tab I get "Page can not be accessed, Try again later"
When I try to login with the ExplorerWebroot  toolbar, I get "unknown email address"

Thanks

Wes
Userlevel 7
Hey WesWilcox,

Yegor will be back tomorrow and I have updated the notes on your support ticket in the meantime. I would like you to try resetting your password one more time on your MyWebroot Account. Please let me know the results and I will let you know how to proceed.
I reset my password again, logged in and had the same result.   On my account the password tab says "page cannnot be accessed try again later" and from the explorer tool bar the error says unknow email address.

thanks
Userlevel 7
Thank you for your response and for your patience.

I have taken notes on your support ticket and have escalated the case to our engineers. You will receive an email notification when your support ticket is updated.
Hello - any current status  or expected clearing time to my issue ? 
Userlevel 7
Hi Wes,

I can imagine this has been quite a journey for you and I apologize for the less-than-ideal experience with the Password Management feature. Due to the very rare nature of the issue (as far as I know you and only one other user are experiencing this), it's really one of those "good news, bad news" situations.

First, the bad news. While we're still looking into a fix, there isn't a timetable as to when (or if), your particular issue will be resolved. This is because it literally comes down to a case-by-case basis due to the tiny number of affected users.

Now, the good news. There is a workaround that should enable you to use the Password Management feature as intended. This will require you to create a new user within your Webroot console. First, please log in to your "My Webroot" account. After you're in, click the username in the top right corner, and click "Manage Users" from the drop down menu. Afterwards, click the "Create a new user" button and fill in the required information. *You must use a different email address and check "yes" for the two boxes*. Once you check them, you will be able to choose the permissions. Select "Admin" for SecureAnywhere and PC Security and "Access" for Mobile Security and BackUp and Sync. For the "Passwords" section check "Passwords." Click "Create User". You will then be sent a temporary password along with a link to create a new password, security code, and question & answer (you can use the same credentials you currently use to log in if you'd like).

After doing all this, you should be able to use this new user to not only log in and use the console as before, but to also have access to the "Passwords" tab as well as the ability to log in and use the toolbar, both of which are currently giving you error messages.

Please let me know if this works and/or if you are confused about any part of creating a new user!

Yegor P.

Tried your suggestions and unfortunately the process  didn’t work.  I created the new user but that user has no Password tab.  Thanks for trying but I’m going to have to move to a more hardened and seasoned product like *another product*.  Thank you for trying to my WebRoot working.

Wes
Userlevel 7
Hi Wes,

I checked on your new user. The reason you can't see the the Passwords area in this case is that the new user has not yet been granted permissions to access that area of the console.

Please sign in as the new user, click your username at the top right, click the little guy with the pencil next to that username to edit your permissions, and ensure both boxes for "Passwords" are checked.

If for some reason the boxes are unchecked, and it will not let you check them, please let me know, and we'll see if we can trigger that on this end.

This is an odd issue, but we'll be happy to work through it for you.
I am having the same issue. New WSA user. Is there a fix for this yet?
Userlevel 7
Jad,
Your account was associated to an expired keycode. It looks like you bought a new license instead of renewing an older one, so we had to move the account over for you manually. I took care of it for you, and you should be all set now. 🙂
I also am having trouble with the Password tab. No matter which way I attempt to access the Password tab on the Webroot console, the page comes up completely blank. I am another user who did not use the Renewal notice via the Webroot e-mail. Is there anything I can do to fix this?