Password manager not transferring change of password to toolbars.

• 19 July 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
In the past when I changed password in console it transferred to toolbars.  Not this time,  I have to access console/account with new password (28 characters) and toolbar with old password.  Is 28 too many characters for toolbar?  Old password has 25 characters.  I ran toolbarfix.exe  still the same.  Console and toolbar should / or always has in the past used the same password. Will someone knowledgeable clue me in.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi BlazeTen

May sound silly, and it may be, but try running a scan in the client and then check again.  For some reason sometimes that is required to 'synchronise' client & Cloud.

A long shot may be but you never know.  Let us know if you try it and what the result is.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Did as you recommended but to no avail.  I was able to change my PW inside the console successfully.  Still have to log in to toolbar with old password.  Ran toolbar fix again to no avail. This is a little scary having your PW manager operate with one PW for the Console and another for the Toolbars.  Or...is it safe to have it perform this way. On all 3 computers WSA plus is set to default settings.  I'm kindof lost for a while now.  Account PW has always in the past quickly transposed itselt to the Toolbars login.  I'm convinced that both PWs should be the same/or am I mistaken?
Userlevel 7
Nah, as far as I know you are correct and they should be the same...but I may be wrong on that point.

What I would do in the circumstances is Open a Support Ticket and get the Support Team to take a look at the issue as it could well reside in the back office systems, something that we have no access to.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Support not accepting either of the two PWs i'm having to use. 

s
omeone in the Community and working for Webroot is the PW Manager expert.  Can't remember who, if I could I would Private Message him asking him to read my posts and get his recommendation.