Putting Keycode in freezer for 6 months

Userlevel 1
When I find a really good competitive price for a one-year subscription to my "Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus" at my favorite online retail store, am I allowed to purchase it and hold-on to that 'new keycode' and then enter it about 180 days later when my current subscription expires?
I am always interested in finding lowest most competitive prices; I like to support my favorite online retailer.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jgard63

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Simply put the answer the the question is ...'Yes'...but for that you will receive a new keycode...and there in lies the rub.

You need to be aware that as you are running the Internet Security Plus version of WSA and possibly using the Password Manager, you will need to contact Support, once you have entered the new keycode, to ask them to transfer your password data from your old keycode to the new one that you will have just entered.

If you do not you will not be able to access the data you already have as that data is keyed by the WSA keycode, amongst other things, and so changing keycode means you loose that access.

Best way to contact Support when the time comes is to Open a Support Ticket, requesting the transfer and providing the old & new keycodes and your registration email address (the one you use to gain access your web console) and hopefully they will be able to do the business for you.

Hope that helps?

Regards, baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thank you, that's great news; one more reason to stick with Webroot and recommend to friends.
Userlevel 7
Hi jgard63

You are most welcome...glad to be able to help and also to know that you are ahppy user and advocate for WSA.

Regards, Baldrick