Remote Desktop Active-X control being blocked

• 16 February 2014
  • 1 reply

I have determined definitively that Webroot is preventing a specific Active-X control from loading in IE 11. 

My wife's company has a corporate intranet that is accessed by launcing an RDP session over SonicWall NetExtender SSL-VPN and loading a session on a Virtual Machine.  Up until Friday everything was fine.  I have four laptops in the house - three are running WSA-ISP.  I tested all four machines - the three running WSA get a pop-up that a specific Active-X control isn't loaded and to install it.  But its won't install and she can't access the site.  The one without WSA loaded fine. 

So on her laptop, I disabled WSA and all was good, no popup no problems.  Enabled WSA and the RDP session won't load.  It's a PITA to have to disable Webroot before each session.  And I'm concerned that she'll just turn it off and leave it off.  And I don't know what changed - could be the corporate intranet or it could be WSA.

Windows 7 Home Premium, IE 11 (I tried a downgrade to 10 - same result).  Culprit Active-X control is called 'XTSAC Control' and is part of the SonicWall SSL-VPN package.

I'm fairly saavy, I've done my homework and now I'm reaching out.  Let me know what additional information is needed. 

And thanks for your help. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi coh0520

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

For this one I would recommend that you Open a Support Ticket and provide the Support Team with all the information you have on the issue you have come across.  You have obviously done your homework but I believe that it needs their expertise to hopefully resolve the issue for you.

As and when they have done so then please post back here as to how it was resolve as that information could well help us help other members in the future, with the same or a similar issue.

Regards

Baldrick