Renewal Issues

• 11 June 2015
  • 3 replies

So far webroot secureanywhere is making me crazy with all of its glitches!!!!

Let's begin with the money issue first. My dad recently passed away and I am trying to get his laptop up to date so mom can use it.  Apparently webroot had expired, though the green dialog box is contradicting: there was a red bar across the middle of it that read "protected" so I clicked "scan now" and it acted like it was scanning but the blue/gray box indicated that "Subscription Expired".  So I looked everywhere to find an expiration date - there is none anywhere. Hmmmm, that is strange, so is it protected and expired simultaneously? I typed in the keycode on the website and still no information anywhere about the actual expiration date.  Frustrated, I tried to commnicate with someone, but no way to do that unless I pay someone from the GeekSquad at least $50 to ask a simple customer service question.  Frustrated again.

I did not have time for this, so I decided to go ahead and try to renew - impossible to figure that one out too - more frustrated.  Ok, so this still has to be done and there is no one to help, so I will go ahead and jump through all the hoops and finally found a way to purchase a year + a cd (I have no idea if one will actually show up one day).  Giving webroot money was easy as pie!  finally getting somewhere - yay!  I cut and pasted the new keycode in the box under "my account" great!  A scan started instantly and found no threats (which I doubt is true), but at least the issue was resolved - BUT NOT!!!!  Frustrated Again!!! 

WHY?  Because after I renewed - the green webrrot screen still reads "Subscription Expired"  REALLY?  Is this thing working our not?  Where is my money?  Where is the "protection"?

Tried again to find a way to talk to someone - no sign of help.  I decide to write a question in the community forum, so I did, but even though the instructions state "write question here" it was apparently limited to a few characters.  So I successfully expanded the text box, but that did not work - FRUSTRATED! So I clicked "continue' under the dysfunctional teaxt box and this page comes up - OK!  I go through all of the process, type out my questions and click "Post."  FRUSTRATED BEYOND WORDS - why?  because I am taken to a screen that says I have to type in the user name, which I did from my earlier purchase process - but it would not take it.  FRUSTRATED!  So I click on "Register" which takes me to yet another long form, which I completed. Then I thought maybe, I would be redirected back to my completed question - SURPRISE!  IT WAS ALL ERASED!!!!  NOW I'M PISSED!

I just wanted to renew the security on this laptop, but now - 3 hours later - I'm thinking a virus would be better than this so now I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! But it is probably gone. Why is this so complicated?  Why so many ridiculous hoops and glitches?  At the beginning I thought maybe I would use this protection on my computer to make it simpler - ha!  I don't know what to do now. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Sorry you are having issues and this is not typical of WSA so you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to sort out your issues, also to renew just go here: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/renewal Or if you like you can contact them: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Hey Daniel,

Thank you for your response. I did follow the renewal page you sent and it was part of my problem.  I am too worn out to explain everything again to submit a support ticket.  I checked out the other link you shared, but they closed at 6.30pm for non business folks.  You are kind to take time out to offer assistance.  Maybe after I rest tonight I can go in to work a few hours late tomorrow and be ready to spend another 3 hours trying fix the issue.  I have never had this kind of problem with Spybot, Defender, Cleaner or Malware Protection.  Well, there is one other company that was a huge pain, Norton.  Hmmm...maybe Norton bought Webroot?

Thanks again for your help, I really do appreciate it.  Don't underestimate how valuable your contributions are to others.

peace,
lostincyberworld

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just post a link in the ticket to this thread and they can look so no need to go all through it again!

Thanks,

Daniel