Solved

Renewing or buying new + does currency matter?

• 8 December 2013
  • 2 replies

Hello,

In 28 days my subscription expires. I'd like to renew it because I've been heppy with the software since I discovered it last year.
I see now that renewing it would cost 15 dollars more than buying new, so I  would choose to buy new. Will I have any issues or will I be able to simply enter the new code in the software?
Also I live in Europe but buying in USD makes a big difference. I assume I can just buy in USD and save some more money?

best regards,
bobo
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 8 December 2013, 22:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello bobopalmtree and welcome to the Webroot Community!

As you already know, you will need to activate a new Key Code, but there are a couple of other considerations.  If you have set up and are using Mobile device protection or the Password Management, those features are controlled the profiles you have created on your Account Console.  Account Profiles are associated with a specific Key Code, and us users are not able to to make the needed adjustments at this time in easily transferring the information/associations from one key code to another:  you will need to consult Webroot Support for assistance in this.

Of couse if you have not activated the Console, Mobile Security or Password Management, you probably will be able to simply change the key code and that is all.

Ok, thanks for the info.