Scan OK- yet message "Data can't be read, corrupted."

• 27 July 2015
  • 5 replies

Completed two full scans, yet I keep getting message "Data could not be read because it has been corrupted."  I have
Macbook Pro-Lion.  Never had this before, and causing many screen "hangs".  Would appreciate your advice.
Annartist

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I am sorry to hear about your issues that you are having.

Please have a look at this Apple Support concerning this error. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3817658

You might want to also try this permission fix below to see if this corrects your error message. Only if you feel capable in doing so.

The Mac operating system relies on permissions for most tasks. If these permissions are incorrect, they can cause a variety of issues, both with your programs and with computer performance itself.

To check permissions on the Mac OS:
1. Navigate to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
Note: The Disk Utility feature is advanced and powerful. Any action you take using the Disk Utility is at your own risk. We recommend you only use the Disk Utility under instruction by a qualified technician.

2. Click the Hard Drive name, e.g. Macintosh HD, in the left panel.

3. Under the First Aid tab, select Show details.

4. Click Verify Disk Permissions. This operation may take some time to complete.

5. If the operation finds permissions issues, fixing them can resolve the issue you have reported. Click Repair Disk Permissions. This process may also take time to complete.

6. Once the repair process is finished, restart your computer.

7. After restarting, please test the issue you have reported. See if that popup message occurs .

If you continue to have this issue then please send support a ticket  free of charge with an active subscription and they will gladly check out your system.

I can also ping ? who is our Mac Threat Researcher and he can advise with this as well. Wanderingbug will be in tomorrow sometime I believe,

Hope this helps?

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hello Annartist,
I am curious to know if Webroot has removed a file recently as this kind of message is usually created by OS X when a program is failing to load.  I would like for you to open a support ticket with our team and Let them know about the message and also ask them for our MacLogs program, this is a program that I created that will give us a detailed layout of what is happening on your Mac.  Please let them know that you started a thread on the community and that I would like to look into your case as well so they can inform me when your logs come in. 
Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thankyou so very much ?,

This is interesting to know that you created MacLog Program! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Yeah,
You can download it here: http://download.webroot.com/WSAMacLog.DMG
It is a great tool for our support team to use in finding issues with our Mac clients.  Waymon, John and myself put it together about a year ago and we are just now using it for customers. it wont work on older OS X versions though.

Hi Devin,
Thx. much for the info. Webroot keeps giving me an unsafe site that they keep blocking, but I don't know if I should click and see what it is??? My MacBook Pro Lion never crashed until I used Intego for Mac, w/their blocking feature so I uninstalled it.    Annartist