Solved

Scanning time

• 14 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Greetings to all. Scanning for Malware used to take only 1-1/2 or 2 minutes. Recently though, the scan now stops at 74%. Maybe 10 seconds later it will go to 77% and stop. Quite a few seconds later ( like 15-20 ) it will continue on to 100% ,and then end.

Scans are taking 4-1/2 minutes now. Its probably nothing to be concerned with, and Webroot is just taking its time to completely check everything. Just being curious, what say the experts ?

Much obliged,
Robert
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 15 April 2017, 02:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Robert

Hope that you are well?

If it is of any reassurance to you the last scan on my system (which is scheduled daily) was 4m 37s, and I also see a variation in this depending as to whether I have run a cleaner over the system prior to or post the scan. I also get the pauses that you have described (the most common from my experience of other posts is at circa 70-74%) so all in all I believe that you have nothing to worry about.

But if you are in any way concerned then I would recommend an uninstall/clean reinstall...just to 'refresh' your WSA installation...something that myself and a number of other members do periodically.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello Robert.

If I may add to what @ posted. I also believe it depends on what type of computer you have. Look at the differences in scan times on my HP and Toshiba computers. The Toshiba always scanned longer than the HP even after running a cleaner and a clean install of WSA.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Baldrick and Pro Truck Driver. Good to hear that my scanning time falls within the norm and its nothing for me to be concerned with. Just thought I would toss it out and get some feedback. I have a newer HP Desktop running Windows 10 and all updates are current.  Interesting to see that various Computer Brands have a difference in the scanning time. Aside from the time the HP scans take, all is well. Hope to keep it that way.
Much obliged.......Robert
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I always felt that the Online Console doesn't show the true scan times in most cases so I just take it with a grain of salt!

This shows to be more accurate if you look here and depends if you do allot of single file scans so in that case the numbers would be off also.