Security 911...WR Plus Mac not working no response

• 9 October 2013
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Please see this post for background on my WR problem since what they describe is almost exactly the same problem as I have now. https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Webroot-Secure-Anywhere-Complete-on-Mac-does-not-perform-initial/td-p/42392/highlight/true/page/3 In fact, I got no response by posting there so am starting new post with this.  Forgive if not correct but my AV is whacko and it is hard to find time to deal with it---and tougher since I never got even one response from your forum or WR support ticket.--Dawn  Below is what I wrote previously (NOTE I have PLUS,not complete but symptoms are same):Re: Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete on Mac does not perform initial scan yesterday
Given that this problem has been around for a while now, I am shocked that Webroot still sold me this upgrade.  I have all the same problems listed in this post.  Only difference I could see is that online my Mac shows up as one PC protected--though I have none (but I assume this is just because there is no category for Mac and really isn't the problem--the fact that I can not do an av scan however is) .  

I submitted a support ticket--then checked to see if others have this problem and what I found was disappointing.

The trial product worked fine...so I purchased and upgraded a bit (not Complete, but Plus).  From what I read here, a mistake.  Have your engineers made any progress with this issue since then?  

I totally get that Mac prohibits a lot...I am already very disappointed in Mac but I lost too much to go back to Windows.  So I must find some layer of security somewhere.

Thank you 
 PS I need a link for an older version that might work (the solution in the similar post)  Without access to scans, or settings I can not allow sites I need to get to...this really is a security emergency.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Hi Practicality

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue also, it is a very rare issue but very frustrating.

I have assigned the Support ticket you raised on the 8th to our Escalation team, they will be in touch with either instructions for a next step, or an offer to remotely connect to your computer at your convenience to help with the issue directly.

Please let us know how it turns out

Jack