Solved

Subscription Renewal

• 28 June 2016
  • 3 replies

This is the second year that I noticed that after renewing my subscription, by entering a new activation code, I actually loose all days remaining on the existing subscription.  Is this correct?  Seems like I'm loosing money, unless I wait to renew until after the current subscription expires and therefore putting my computer at risk.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 28 June 2016, 19:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bgled

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am afraid that this is correct because what yo are doing is a 'pseudo' renewal rather than a 'real' renewal in which one does not get a new keycode/time is added to the existing keycode subscription.

If you activate a new keycode then the new one runs concurrently to the previous one which has time still on it and therefore you are effectively running two subscriptions simultaneously but not getting the benefit. If you do 'pseudo' renew, i.e., get a new keycode, you should before you activate it, contact the Support Team, and ask them to transfer the time from the new keycode/subscription to the current (soon to expire) keycode/subscription...they should be able to do that and then you would get the benefit of all the time bought...plus you would not lose the password data previously stored under the current keycode.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you for the information and quick response. Maybe some day there will be an option to apply a new code myself to the current subscription dates, but until then I will remember to work with customer support.
Userlevel 7
Hi bgled

You are most welcome...glad to be able to help.

Regards, Baldrick