Total War Compatibility

• 5 November 2015
  • 3 replies

Hi,

none of my Total War Games seem to run with WebrootSecureAnywhere installed.  Any ideas please?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello ?, welcome to the Community!

While there are way for you to manually do this, it would only fix things on your computer, not for anyone else.  Also, due to the fact that evidently more than one program is affected, I think the best approach would be to submit a Trouble Ticket  and let Support take a look and get some files whitelisted.  There is of course no charge for this for anyone with a valid WSA license.

I hope this helps,
I had the exact same issues with all my Total War games using Windows 10. Tried everything without any sucess. Finally uninstalled Webroot and all the games are working again.  The only antivirus I've ever owned that interfered with gaming. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello matthewayne, and Welcome to the Community Forum,  

Sorry to hear that Webroot may have interfered with the games running well, but would be interested to know when you say that you "Tried everything" did you follow the advice given in David's post above, and opened a support ticket? Whitelisting is easy and promptly addressed.
Or, for example tried the settings in Control Active Processes etc?   http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/643/Controlling-Active-Processes  

Webroot are always happy to further  its widespread compatibility, and even have a Gamer's version, which I guess you've seen. 

I'd be fairly confident that the issue could be fixed, if approached in the best way, and you could use WSA without any interference with enjoying the games.

Please let us know if we can help in any way. Thanks.