Solved

Trouble loading web pages since install

• 27 February 2014
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1
Hey guys. Love Webroot and push it hard at work (bestbuy).
I installed it on all my machines/phones/tablets.

One thing I noticed since I installed on my desktop is that I am having trouble fully loading a lot of web pages - not all pages, but quite a few. It is only after I hit the refresh button that the page will fully load.

It does not seem to be a cache issue, as it will happen on the same pages repeatedly. I do know that it has only started happening since I installed the software, and I haven't changed/installed anything else on my system since that might be causing it.

Any ideas? Are there settings I can tweak?

Thanks for any help.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 27 February 2014, 03:05

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi blamous

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Do you know if you have the Webroot browser extensions enabled? If so and they are then it may be worth disabling them temporarily and retrying the web pages you are having trouble with to see if that makes any difference. That should give us something to go on depending on your reply.

Also, if possible can you try accessing the pages concerned with a different browser, and if so do you get the same results?

Let us know what gives re. that.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Just a thought and I'm nowhere a tech but as a user I noticed my iMac , Maverick OS using Safari , my web pages were slow and so I switched to using Chrome and think that helped with faster loading of web pages. Thanks for posting that because I was thinking the same thing. Anybody else?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello blamous and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

May I ask which OS you are using and if it's 32bit or 64bit also which Browser are you having trouble with? Have you tried a Reboot since installing WSA?

TIA,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
How do you get all those smiley faces to move like that? PowerPoint? Hahaha
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No just plain.gif file that I uploaded you will be able to when you reach Community Guide in the VIP Program please see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/VIP_Program#.Uw6OzYX4azN

Cheers,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Just tossing out some info about BestBuy heehee but you guys sold me WebrootAnywhere Security for my IMac and hours with the gueeksquad remotely trying to install this program and the techs there told me to bring back my Webroot program for a refund because they couldn't get it to work and alsoTexas queeksquad support tech couldn't do it. I paid 52$ To get hundreds of dollars of time and support and almost gave up on Webroot except I continued to correspond with Webroot tech support and ended up buying program online. So glad you guys pushed program in my direction. Sorry needed to vent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You've worked hard for those smilieys! I'll come online just to see those cool icons...just love it, thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Oops not icons...gifs
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No work at all there are many on the web just do a search and save them to your computer and upload! GFI smileys emoticons!

HTH,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@sherjj wrote:
Just tossing out some info about BestBuy heehee but you guys sold me WebrootAnywhere Security for my IMac and hours with the gueeksquad remotely trying to install this program and the techs there told me to bring back my Webroot program for a refund because they couldn't get it to work and alsoTexas queeksquad support tech couldn't do it. I paid 52$ To get hundreds of dollars of time and support and almost gave up on Webroot except I continued to correspond with Webroot tech support and ended up buying program online. So glad you guys pushed program in my direction. Sorry needed to vent.

It's fine to vent but come here and ask for help we will try our best if not the support inbox! Also did you see this Video on how to install on a Mac? And here is the online Helpfile for Mac's: http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/542/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-for-Mac-OS-X

Daniel

Userlevel 1
From what I can gather, shutting off the chrome extensions does do the trick.
I haven't noticed any pages npot loading fully since I shut them off.
THanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you tell me the version number of the Extension? Mine is 1.0.0.26 and I have no issues also can you save a scan log and tell us approximately how many [u] files you have?

Right Click on the Webroot Icon down by the clock and click on Save a Scan Log you can save it to where ever you want it even the Desktop.

Example: I have no [u] files and [g] files are Known Good!

[g] c:windowssysnativedriversdisk.sys [MD5: 9819EEE8B5EA3784EC4AF3B137A5244C] [Flags: 40011000.425]
[g] c:windowssysnativedriversdiskdump.sys [MD5: 9BBD8B5855BC6578957F82341F9CDE5A] [Flags: 40011000.2266]
[g] c:windowssysnativedriversdkdfm.sys [MD5: 87DF6F629C01B91AD24D64BCA6C04DD5] [Flags: 40011000.986]
[g] c:windowssysnativedriversdkrtwrt.sys [MD5: 50669EA06563BE99C1786BC41F859AEA] [Flags: 40011000.208]
[g] c:windowssysnativedriversdktlfsmf.sys [MD5: 15BFCEBC1E7D9C165CBEFB4D98D96262] [Flags: 40011000.999]
[g] c:windowssysnativedriversdmvsc.sys [MD5: 5DB085A8A6600BE6401F2B24EECB5415] [Flags: 40010000.586]
[g] c:windowssysnativedriversdrmk.sys [MD5: E0D3CD5841E5C7BE7B94BA946AF1E498] [Flags: 40010000.1026]
[g] c:windowssysnativedriversdrmkaud.sys [MD5: 9B19F34400D24DF84C858A421C205754] [Flags: 40010000.229]
[g] c:windowssysnativedriversdumpata.sys [MD5: 839B5FE3D48E9F35B22C21A3D5103F6C] [Flags: 40011000.2267]

TIA,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
I also have 1.0.0.26
I also turned off the password manager though... 3.0.23

I happen to have a lot of [u] files - 47 if I counted correctly.
What are they? :)

I also have 47 browser tabs open right now - is there some kind of correllation? lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
47 I never have anymore than 6 LOL And yes that's to many [u] files can you Please Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to Whitelisted your [u] files and after they reply back enable the Extension to see if that helps and please let us know as it could help others!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Sorry [u] files are Unknown to the Cloud Database so WSA could be Monitoring them which could slow down your system.
Userlevel 1
I made the ticket and they responded this morning, having whitelisted all my [u] files.
I re-enabled my extensions and everything seems to be working just fine.

Thanks again for the help!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear and your very Welcome if you have any other issues or Questions feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
TripleHelix, thank you, I'm on it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great sherjj please let us know if it helps on your Mac right? PC's no problems? It's best to contact support on the system having issues just to let you know.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yup your the Silver VIP! This site is getting better and better. Will read the info. Appreciate the response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
The Mac is running great with Chrome. Having issues with google not updating in Safari. So I did notice lag times between web pages so I installed Chrome and use it more. I really try to problem solve myself and didn't realize I could get support with this so Chrome is working for me but I should do what you suggested in previous new member post? Have to re read solution you gave other then you suggested contacting support. My other PCs aren't showing any issues. I just installed Webroot on laptops and haven't had a chance to use them. Don't mean to ramble but I'm still trying to figure out how to configure WebrootAnywhere in the Access Control panel. I'll keep reading thanks....
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Still contact them on your Mac as it could be a simple issue with Safari and it would help other users of Mac's if they come across the same issue.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sounds like a plan..will see if it's a Safari problem or WR. Huummm...I'll be back!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also are you looking at the Online Console Here: https://my.webrootanywhere.com/ If so there are not many options at this time for Mac's see pictures below.

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
:@Alrighty where do I post a new problem with Mac? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What WSA product do you have? WSA-AV, WSA-Gamer, WSA-Internet Security Plus or WSA-Internet Security Complete so Start a new thread in the proper forum.

Thanks,

Daniel