Trying to log into Webroot password. I get error "Your account has been deactivated. What's up?

• 26 January 2015
  • 4 replies

I tried resetting the password for the account, which worked, but still get "deactivated account. My subscription is good until December 2015.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and Welcome to the  Community Forum,

Can you tell me if you are a Best Buy Customer or Webroot? You can contact Best Buy Geek Squad here
1.800.Geeksquad or here

Maybe I can ping @ to see if if can see your account ...

You could also submit a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support take a look.

Hope we can get this straightened out for you!

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I looked up your account and it looks like you were initially on a Best Buy subscription, but the new keycode you purchased isn't a Best Buy one, but purchased directly from us.  Since the Best Buy version has its own installer, you'll need to uninstall your current version and then make sure to install the version from us, which you can download here:
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

Please let us know if that fixes it!
I am in a similar situation.

I originally used a serial key obtained through Best Buy employee accommodation last year and I've grown quite attached to WSA's Password Manager.   Last month my sub only had a few weeks left so I earned another serial key (again through Best Buy accommodation) and it reset the sub counter to 360 days.  

But it seems it did not affect the Password Manager since it did end up expiring this June and now says "Your account has been deactivated".  I have yet to try a reinstall to see if that works, ...will report back if I am not able to find a resolution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello mosom17,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Plesae Submit a Support Ticket because the Support will need tio transfer your passdwords from the old keycode to the new keycode. Am I correct that you have a new keycode? It's important that you contact Support right away because you have only 30 days from the time your Webroot expired to save those passwords in Password Manager.

Hope this helps?