Solved

WebRoot blocking 1Password

• 11 February 2014
  • 5 replies

I use 1Password on my PC running Windows 7 Ultimate. WebRoot is blocking 1Password from working with Internet Explorer. When I click on the 1Password icon, My list of websites is blank. As a test, I uninstalled WebRoot and 1Password once again functioned normally. Is there a setting that I need to change in WebRoot to convince it that I trust 1Password and I do want to be able to use it?

Thank you,
Ron Bernier
icon

Best answer by RBernier 12 February 2014, 13:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello RBernier and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

If you please Submit a Support Ticket it could be a simple thing of the files need to be whitelisted in the Cloud Database and they can help you with that.

Cheers,

TH
Will do - thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Will do - thank you
Great and you're very Welcome please let us know the outcome so others may benefit if they use the same software!

Cheers,

TH  ;)
I had several communications with Tech Support trying to determine what was blocking 1Password.
After sending them logs, support had me uninstall Webroot, then reinstall - no change.
Next, support had me open the WebRoot control panel, click on the Identity Protection gear button and temporarily disable Identity Shield.  When Identity Shield was disabled, the 1password add on worked.  I was instructed to turn the Identity Shield on again as soon as I had run this test.  The next step was to click on the Application Protection tab to determine what items were listed in the Protected Applications Window - 32 bit and 64  bit Internet Explorer and Firefox were set to Protect (options are Prtoect  Allow  Deny).  agile 1bbroker.exe (1Password) was set to Deny.  That item was changed to Protect and the issue was resolved.

Note:  I also have Firefox installed on my PC.  Firefox did not experience any problems with the 1Password addon.  The issue only affected Internet Exolorer 11.

Ron Bernier
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear you have things sorted and thanks for letting us know!

Cheers,

TH