Webroot / Norton conflict- MY FIX

• 7 November 2013
  • 1 reply

I have Norton Internet Security installed on my home computer.  I installed Webroot SecureAnywhere and had no problems until I installed a newer version on Norton.  I got the warning message that Webroot was not compatable with Norton bla, bla, bla.  I had an issue with logging into my Norton on-line vault.  What I did to correct this was to un-installed Webroot SecureAnywhere and download the updated Norton product.  I then re-installed Webroot and all is well.  Norton does not play well with Webroot but Webroot plays well with Norton.  Thought this might help.

D

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello StahlMaster and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Thanks for that info but it's not the first time we have heard this. WSA is designed to work with many AV's & AM's so Norton and other's now say that it is not compatible but be sure that WSA is and how it does that is if both see a Virus WSA will step aside and let Norton remove it but if Norton missed it WSA would remove so by WSA not hooking the Baddy it lets Norton to remove without interference from WSA. I'm sure in time you will learn that WSA is far better than Norton in every way. Please have a look at this Video when WSA misses an infection: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Education/What-Happens-if-Webroot-quot-Misses-quot-a-Virus/ta-p/10202#.UnsNqOJyUsA

Cheers,

Daniel 😉