Solved

Webroot SecureAnywhere expiration warning

• 2 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Why do I keep getting a warning that my Webroot SecureAnywhere subscription is expiring today?  When I open Webroot it shows my license which I just purchased and is good for 362 days.  Does anyone know how to get rid of this warning upon signing into Windows 10?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 2 January 2017, 22:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Please do a clean reinstall of WSA and report back!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi reesecomputerguy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Daniel has posted...you stated that "my license which I just purchased"...is this your first license/subscription to WSA or have you effectively renewed a previously purchased license/subscription?

If that is the case, and to renew you received a new keycode which you entered and activated very recently then most likely the renewal/expiration warning is coming from your previous license/subscription as enternig a new licence/subscription does not cancel the prvious one...they effectively run currently until the 30 day grace period post expiry is up, on your original one.

Regards, Baldrick 
This has resolved my problem.  Thanks Dan! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
This has resolved my problem.  Thanks Dan! 
Awesome to hear! 😉
Hi Baldrick,

I was on a trial subscription which I then purchased a valid license for.  So the warning would have went away after 30 days or after the previous free trial expired? 

Anyway, I followed Dan's suggestion to uninstall and reinstall.  So far no warnings.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hi reesecomputerguy

Yes, it would have in either situation you describe.

Glad the issue has been resolved for you.

Regards, Baldrick