Webroot Security Plus

• 11 April 2015
  • 2 replies

CD won't load becacuse screen says not on internet and being block. Uninstalled old webroot to renew. Any ideas
Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi moosefeet51

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You do not need to use the CD to install WSA as you can quickly download the latest installer from the Webroot site (Webroot version from here, Best Buy version from here...I am assuming that you are using a PC and not a Mac...if the latter then post back and I can provide you with the link for that).

What is true is that the installer, whether CD-based or downloaded does require you to be connected to the internet during the install proces as you need to enter and validate/activate your subscriprition/keycode.  There is no way around this.

And BTW, if renewing there is no need to uninstall your current version of WSA (that is the post 2011 versions).  If really renewing, i.e., adding time to your exisiting keycode then you need do nothing at all...once you have paid your subscription period will be automactically updated.  But if 'pseudo' renewing, i.e., you have a new keycode then all you need to do is to enter the new keycode and activate it, even if yo are chaning versions, say from Antivirus to Security Plus...there is only one physical version of the WSA app and it is the keycode that unlocks the features related to each version.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

Try this:

To install WSA

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online to install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot