Webroot not working on firefox

• 16 April 2015
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

So I've been using webroot a long time, but all of the sudden it's no longer working on Firefox. I can't even get firefox to do anything but crash when it's on. If I turn the extension off by creating a new profile, Firefox is fine.
On Chrome, it works fine with just password manager, but when I turn on web filtering it says on the bottom that it's constantly waiting for the extension.
Is there a way I can just use password manager on Firefox? I don't want to have to give up my browser just to use passwords on Chrome.

Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello staceyclarke,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry you are having issues with the Webroot Webfilter. The Beta team is working on a new Webfilter and it's not available to the consumers right now. If you want to disable the Webfilter then please go to FF and in the right hand upper corner for the menu and look for add ons and disable the Webfilter there. See if this helps FF from crashing.

Hope this is what you are asking about. If you need to to submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription they will look into this for you as well.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,