Webroot password manager toolbar for Chrome

• 2 April 2014
  • 4 replies

I was using Internet Explorer and had the Webroot Toolbar Password Manager installed.  I switched browsers to Google + but now no longer have the toolbar.  What do I do?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi DrewP95!

Chrome is sometimes a little stubborn regarging the Password Toolbar... I use Chrome and have experienced this myself.

First thing to try is the utility to reinstall the toolbar.  Try running this: Toolbarfix.exe

If that does not work, take a look at the thread HERE from yesterday.  Look at what @   and Vince have to say: both have good input on this.

If that still is no help, the last resort is to simply remove and reinstall Chrome from a fresh download.  I have had to do that in the past as well.  It is a little time consuming, but not too bad and it can help.

Let us know if any of the above works for you!
I tried the toolbar fix and reinstalled Google Chrome.  Neither solved the issue.  Still no Webroot Toolbar.   I went through a lot of trouble getting it to finally work with IE and was really pleased with it.  But, I changed to Google Chrome for browser because offers much better functionality  with Google + than IE does.   Now, am regretting doing that!
Userlevel 7
Have you also checked the links to the thread that @ helped with?  The images and instructions for manually inserting the toolbar extension?
Userlevel 7
Here is the start of that thread