When you renew your subscription do you get a new keycode?

• 16 June 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
When you renew your subscription do you  get a new keycode? 
If you renewed your subscription on 6/14/16 and will be billed on 6/22/16, why does your Security Repot say
subscription expiration 7/22/16?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi et47

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you do what I call a 'real' renewal, i.e., contact  & purchase your renewal via Webroot (or Best Buy for that version) as and when notified that your subscription is expiring, then the time for the new subscription period will be added to your existing subscription/keycode and you will NOT receive a new keycode.

However, if you do what some do, and what I call a 'pseudo' renewal, i.e., you purchase a new subscription; either boxed or online, you will recieve with that a new keycode which you will need to enter and activate via the WSA application.

Hope that answers that one?

In terms of the 'disparity' of payment & subscription payment, etc., from what you say I am guessing that you are using the Best Buy version? If so then know that Best Buy renewals work differently to Webroot direct ones; Best Buy will only take payment from your account on the actual date of expiry, so if you have provided your card details & confirmed the renewal from your end ahead of the renewal date your are effectively still expiring on the day after the renewal date...until the expiry date when the payment will be physically taken by Best Buy.

If you renew through Webroot then the payment is taken at the time you give your card details, and if before the actual date of expiry the additional time purchased is added to the remaining time on your current subscription period.

I hope the above explanation is of assistance but if I am incorrect as to where your version of WSA was purchased from then please post back to let us know.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Interesting, I just renewed online, I did not receive a new key code, and my service date updated to one additional year. - It just worked!
Userlevel 7
Hi Ernie303

Yes, that is exactly how it is supposed to work but only if one does a 'real' renewal, i.e., adds to time to the exisitng keycode/subcription...many are tempted to 'pseudo' renew by the fact that one can geta lower price for cover by buying a new license...which of course is not a renewal in the strict sense of the word...end then they end up with the sorts of issues detailed earlier.

Webroot provide a great product and to be honest I personally prefer to pay the asking price rather than shop around and try to get things cheap all of the time...some things, like WSA, are priceless...;)

Regards, Baldrick