Why can't I get backup and sync to work?

• 23 March 2015
  • 1 reply

I don't know why, as time goes on, services such as Webroot get worse and worse. I'm very frustrated. I cannot get Backup and Sync to work, and Webroot gives no help in figuring out what's wrong. According to the instructions, I'm supposed to go to the Backup and Sync tab of my Webroot console and click login. But there is no login button, only a "Learn More" link (which has a video teling me to login). Very frustrating.

I have files on the Webroot online storage site already, but the only option that I'm given there is the ability to upload files one at a time. That is completely useless. I need backup for an entire directory with many files.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello stevendaryl,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

I'm sorry to hear of these issues, Have you looked at the PC User Guide? Here is a KB Article

Lets see if you have your permissions set in the online Account Console and you need to go to your email address to the right and click manage users and set everyting there to allow as shown below. Allow accesss to
PC SecurityMobile SecurityBackup & SyncPasswords

If you have Admin permission you can edit permissions for other users in your account, as well as your own.

To set user permissions:
  1. Open the SecureAnywhere website menu and click Manage Users.  
  2. Locate the user whose permissions you want to change and click the edit icon. [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_manageusersnodelete.png[/img] The Account Settings page opens to the User Details tab.  
  3. Open the Permissions tab and set this user's permissions for Webroot SecureAnywhere products. You can change permissions only for products to which you have access permission. [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_accesspermissionsclosed.png[/img]  
  4. Specify this user's access level for this account:

If you still have problems then you can submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,