Why did the geeksquad missuse my debit/ visa card to shut down my contract?

• 18 May 2016
  • 1 reply

I gave up my visa /atm card number to geek squad agents 2 weeks before our contract expired. This was my atempt to make future payment for geek tech support. I requested other means for payment. but was told that this was my only option. When the expiration day came on  5-15-16 I had been set-up so that no money was ever attempted to be presented to my Chase bank via my Visa / Debit card. But I did make recording of all my intraction with the Geek Squad. So if anyone needs a copy of this evidence, it is available.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi moonmartin

I am not quite sure I understand what the issue is here as you say that you gave The Geek Squad your  card details some 2 weeks before your subscription expired, ostensibly so that they could undertake renewal on expiration, as is the way that their renewal process works, i.e., on the date of expiration and not before as can be done when going through Webroot directly. Then if I understand correctly you asked your bank to not accept payment requests from The Geek Squad?

Well, if that is indeed the case then I would say that you need to speak to your bank as to why they accepted the payment request. And also The Geek Squad as to why they renewed when you did not want them to do so.

I am afraid that, as The Geek Squad/Best Buy are an independent business, there is nothing that we here in the Community can do to assist you in this matter. As I said I believ that you need to take this up with your bank and/or The Geek Squad directly.

However, just in case our Best Buy/The Geek Squad guru can advise further as to avenues I will ping him for you  ?

Regards, Baldrick