Why do pages crash and my computer operate at a crawl?

• 15 June 2015
  • 1 reply

My computer operates at a crawl.
Pages never fully load.
Pages crash after a few moments.

Should I just get rid of this program and ask for a refund?

I am at my wits end!

Sara

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Sara,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues.

Is this all happening since you installed Webroot? If so my advice would be to uninstall/clean install of Webroot. Because this way we can illiminate Webroot as the possible cause.

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely! This is for a PC not a Mac.

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If you'd rather submit a Support Ticket and they can check your computer out free of charge with an active subscription.

Then if you decide you would rather have a refund : Which I would say is a mistake because of Webroot's fabulous free Technical Support which will have you up and running faster then a refund.

Webroot adheres to a 70 day money back guarantee.

If you purchased online from Webroot.com:

Click here to start the refund process. You will need the invoice number and the exact dollar amount shown on the invoice total. For assistance with refunds, contact our Consumer Sales team.

If you purchased from a retail store:

If you have not opened your software, the quickest way to get your refund is to bring your software back to the store where you purchased it. If you have already opened your software or are unable to return it to the store, we can issue a refund check if you have the following:
  1. Original receipt of purchase. The receipt must be dated within 30 days of your refund request.  
  2. The original software disc.  
  3. Package insert with the keycode (20 alphanumeric characters)

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,