Why is Webroot installer trying to install Lastpass at start-up?

• 27 May 2016
  • 5 replies

Why is Webroot installer trying to install Lastpass at start-up?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Well it's not really trying to unless you didn't allow it in the first place? In Startup it's listed there because if you have Limited user accounts then each account can use there own Password Manager and it's best not to remove the entries.

More info here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Webroot-Installer-2-instances-in-startup/m-p/25774#M2319

Here from Win 10:

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Just to add to Daniel's reply, if you don't use the Webroot Password Manager then you can easily disable these at start up by using Ccleaner/Tools/Startup. I wouldn't try removing them though.

If you do use PM, then you should leave them be.

Nemo

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Just to add to Daniel's reply, if you don't use the Webroot Password Manager then you can easily disable these at start up by using Ccleaner/Tools/Startup. I wouldn't try removing them though.

If you do use PM, then you should leave them be.

Nemo

Sorry it's best to leave them alone as it doesn't take up any resources. So no need to make any changes.

Daniel
Have same issue it just started . have webroot plus an since installing plus have strange things happen . running win 7 and after last Microsoft rollup as they called their latest update have icons that have changed color and as of today webroot tries to install last pass and you can't cancel or stop no place to click ,only gives you options . I used task manager . not in start up or even in Cc cleaner startup , in winpatrol start up as run once webroot file duplicated.
Help
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Have same issue it just started . have webroot plus an since installing plus have strange things happen . running win 7 and after last Microsoft rollup as they called their latest update have icons that have changed color and as of today webroot tries to install last pass and you can't cancel or stop no place to click ,only gives you options . I used task manager . not in start up or even in Cc cleaner startup , in winpatrol start up as run once webroot file duplicated.
Help
@ in regards to the LastPass issue, please contact our Support Team directly to straighten out this problem:

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp