Solved

Will WSA function with Malwarebytes?

• 30 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
I thought I'd like to have another source of security and have had good luck in the past with MBAM (Free version). Should I worry about any conflict with WSA internet security? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Yankeelady2015 10 November 2016, 23:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jreddoch

Yes, WSA & MBAM should play nicely together as WSA has been designed from the ground up to work with other security apps. Having said that there have been some reports of issues (if you do a search of this site at the Community level withthe search criteria "MBAM" you should find some relevant threads) but these are few and far between.

I have run both together and have not yet encountered any issues.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Yes, thank you.
Userlevel 7
Hi jreddoch

If you do give it a go and run into any issues then please do post back as there a number of things that we could try to remediate the situation...but I am hopeful that these won't be needed. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
@ wrote:
I thought I'd like to have another source of security and have had good luck in the past with MBAM (Free version). Should I worry about any conflict with WSA internet security? Thanks.

@

I run Malwarebytes along side WSA.  In fact, one day MBAM picked up a threat that WSA didn't and when I inquired into this through support, they told me that MBAM is good in that it picks of remnant's left over from WSA.  So, they are a great team in perfect harmony.  😉