Solved

Will Webroot continue...

• 31 January 2016
  • 7 replies

to offer a CD Rom for their various security options ? It seems as if other Companies are only offering a download, but personally I prefer to install my own security. Among the great reviews was the fact that the CD form was still available and thats what sold me on choosing Webroot over my past providers.
Much obliged,
Robert
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 1 February 2016, 16:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Robert

That is a good question and one that I do not know the answer to. I would expect that if Webroot are marketing the option then it will continue but perhaps we had best see if our most excellent Community Manager, ?, can check this out for us and get an official answer.

Personally what I do is I download the latest installer from the relevant link (such as this one for the PC version) and then burn the installer to a CD-RW of my own, which mans that periodically I can repeat the process and so always have an up to date copy of the installer on 'hardcopy' media. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I haven't heard of any plans to discontinue the CD installer option. As long as we continue to sell in retail spaces such as Best Buy, then it makes sense to have a CD available with it.
Much obliged for your response. I purchased my disc from an online vendor over on Amazon. I believe the name of the seller was Webroot Genuine. They also participate over there by answering questions and commenting if someone has an issue.

Are Webroot Genuine over on Amazon ..and you folks one in the same?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This is our official listing:
http://www.amazon.com/Webroot/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_3050210011?ie=UTF8&node=3050210011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Webroot

Is that who you purchased from? If not, can you post the link that you used?
Yep, that's the site where I made my purchase.
Prior to purchasing...I had a boat load of questions AND every single one of them was answered in a timely manner AND in language I was able to understand. Never once did I feel awkward for asking new-b questions.

Ive had both Norton and Trend Micro but both companies discontinued the CD option and to be honest with you, I think they got a bit on greedy side with their cost. Had I continued with either Company I would have paid QUITE a bit more for the exact same coverage I had from them in previous years.

Sure; my decision to purchase Webroot was somewhat based on the cost and the fact that I could install a CD myself without relying on a second party to download it.

That said , what was the real deal breaker for me was the respect I received from Webroot Folks prior to even being a customer. I must have read the hundreds and hundreds of " comments " over on Amazon and I began to notice the responses from Webroot Advisers were not only helpful but polite and patient.

Those offerings from a Company that doesn't know me from Adam are real important to me in making a final decision. I'm happy to say I made the correct decision by being a customer of Webroot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
This is our official listing:
http://www.amazon.com/Webroot/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_3050210011?ie=UTF8&node=3050210011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Webroot

Is that who you purchased from? If not, can you post the link that you used?
Could be from one of the Store Boxed versions like at Best Buy or some other store that sells Boxed versions of Webroot SecureAnywhere! I just don't see the need as the installer is only 822KB IMO.

And it can always be downloaded here and it's always the latest version! http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe or even from this Webroot page: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/products/wsa-installer-download

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks ? also all versions for Windows are one download and the keycode turns on the features you paid for very cool installer the same for the Mac version! ;)

Cheers,

Daniel 😉