Solved

Wrapping up a support ticket?

• 27 December 2013
  • 4 replies

A while ago I made a support ticket request to the support team about the WRData folder which had bloated to about ~7gb in size. They said they escalated the issue and wanted to call me at some time to go through the problem ( I didn't really need to be called, I just figured it was an interesting issue to report). Anyway, I forgot about the ticket at some point so it was left open. Eventually the WRData folder fixed itself (size went down to <100mb) and I remembered the ticket I still had open.

Since then, the size has gone up a bit again (2gb) but from what I understand Webroot will periodically do a Garbage Collection and clear out that stuff as needed. So since it's no longer an issue, I'm just wondering how I can close that ticket?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 27 December 2013, 02:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello BillyWeb and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

That was fixed in v8.0.4.42 please see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Release-Notes/PC-Release-Notes-8-0-4-42/m-p/71323#M349

Automatic cleanup of old rollback data.

Just reply to the ticket and say v8.0.4.42 fixed the issue so please close this ticket! Or just leave it as is.

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Webroot Support will probably have already closed the ticket with the release noted above, though it will still appear to be open if you log back into the support page.  If you file another ticket in the future, please note you will still see the information from all previous tickets: that is completely normal and by design.  Don't worry, Support will know it is a new support request!  The ticket history is maintained as a reference both for you and Support 🙂
Thanks for the quick response guys.

Hope you had a good Christmas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You're very welcome and a Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉