Solved

can you add a sys32 to webroot for it to look for older placed files that keep replacing themselves

• 17 October 2016
  • 2 replies

i have an ex who has been cyber stalking me for the last 2 years. I wipe my system out and reinstall it and he's right back. I need to get him off as the net user administrator so I can shred and delete these sys32 and syswow programs. I need control of my computer, he has made paperweights out of 3 and I can't afford another one. I've taken it back to factory settings and he's still in there, so been there done that. Had it "fixed" by 2 good techies and it took him a while to get back in those times! I'm broke and broken. Thanks for any help.

Erin
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 17 October 2016, 15:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey there Kill_Cyberstalkers. Welcome to the Webroot Community

I am sorry to hear about your situation at the moment, lets see if I can point you in the right direction. 

If you have tried a few other people and it sounds like he is quite deeply routed in there, I would try submitting a trouble support ticket to get the guys over at Webroot to have a look at your system. This is completely free if you have an active subscription with them, or you can even call them within business hours which is also free.This  is nice if you are a bit hard pressed for cash at the moment :) 

Hope this helps a bit more if anything else. 

Get back to us if you need anythin else and we will see what we can do. 

Best of luck
Bradforth. 
Hi kill_cyberstalkers,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I, too, am sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation.

If I may add to what Bradforth has posted. Your ex may also be gaining access to your computer through your router, if you've been using the same router. You may try doing a "hard" reset of your router. If you Google your router make/model and the words "hard reset" you should be able to find directions on how to do this. Usually, it involves holding a reset button on the back or bottom of the router for a predetermined amount of time while also unplugging and replugging in the router. After doing this, your router's username and password will be reset to default. These defaults vary by router manufacturer and are easy to find with a Google search as well, as is the default IP address you'll need to access the router. After this you can choose a new username and password.

If what I've described sounds a little too technical and is out of your "comfort zone", then you may need the assistance of a technician or perhaps a relative who has the knowledge to perform these tasks.

I wish you luck in your endeavors and hope you can get this resolved. If you have proof of these incursions you may even try contacting local law-enforcement, as these types of  unauthorized access are illegal.

Edit: One more thing ?. I suggest you ask your Internet Service Provider for a new IP address. I have a cable modem and have had the same IP for years. It's likely your ex knows your IP address. Getting a new IP would make things more difficult for him.

Hope this info helps,

BD