does anyone have any idea how to get a new keyword installed from a new cd and associated keyword?

• 17 May 2015
  • 1 reply

I HAVE AN EXPIRED WEB ROOT PROTECTION ON MY WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER.

I PURCHASED A NEW CD AND HAVE TRIED TO RUN IT. IT CONSTANTLY JUST BRINGS UP THE OLD PROGRAM AND AT NO TIME PROVIDES A WAY TO ENTER THE NEW KEYWORD. IT SCANS AND ASKS FOR A KEYWORD THEN TAKES ME TO A WINDOW TO PURCHASE ONLINE.

I HAVE TRIED NUMEROUS TIMES TO UNINSTALL THE OLD WEB ROOT PROGRAM AND THEN INSTALL VIA THE NEW CD, THE PROGRAM SAYS IT IS UNINSTALLED BUT IT IN FACT IS NOT.

I AM ABOUT ONE MORE FAILED ATTEMPT FROM TAKING THIS NEW PURCHASE BACK AS A RETURN AND BUYING A DIFFERENT PROTECTION AND THEN TELLING ANYONE I HAVE INFLUENCE WITH TO AVOID WEBROOT.

ANY IDEAS??????? THANKYOU.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi c52bonanza

Welcome to the Community Forums.

When you say 'OLD' do you mean that the software was purchased and/or installed prior to 2011?  If not then you are running the latest version and to apply the new keycode you have no need to uninstall the current verison and install what is on the CD.

All you need to do is open WSA and from the main panel click on the gear/cog symbol to the right of the 'My Account' tab, and in the next panel displayed you should see, on the right hand side an field in which you should cut & paste or type your new keycode into, and then click the 'Activate' button below.

Make sure that you are connected to the Internet when you do this and all being well your new keycode should validate and then yo should be good to go as you are (check on the main panel to see how many days of subscription you now have left...that should equate to the period of the subscription the keycode of which you have just entered).

Hope that helps?  If not then pelase come back here with details of what further issues you may have.

Regards, Baldrick