found incompatibility with AIprotect on ASUS router

• 18 July 2015
  • 1 reply

I recently found an incompatability with AIprotect on ASUS routers, and wanted to see if anyone else had found it as well.

Current ASUS routers come with an optional feature called AIprotect. It is basically redunant with webroot, but claims to do many of the same things. The advantage is it is at the router level, so any device on your network is protected.

When I enabled it, my router started to lock up about once a day, about at the same time. It took almost three weeks to determine that it was locking up when webroot did its scan. Disabling AIprotect resolved the issue.

Has anyone else had this issue? You would only run into it if you activate AIprotect. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi bradbortprime

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, I have never come across that one before but I am sure that the Support Team will be interested to hear of this and may well want to take a look to see if something can be done about it.  I would therefore Open a Support Ticket, providing them with all the infomration that you can in relation to the issue, how it manifests itself and what you have to do to get around it.

Regards, Baldrick